Thank you for your interest in our GSRP Preschool Program!
At New Branches Charter Academy, GSRP students will see themselves and be seen by others as confident, capable, and motivated learners; as evidenced by meeting or exceeding kindergarten readiness standards.
We prepare children for kindergarten!
Our teachers utilize a research-based curriculum that aligns with Michigan's Early Childhood Standards for Quality for Prekindergarten (ECSQ-PK).
- Our classrooms have consistent daily routines that include group activities as well as daily free choice time and outdoor play.
- There are two teachers per classroom, keeping a 1:8 ratio of adults to children.
- GSRP Teachers are highly-qualified and have degrees within the field of early childhood education.
- Children's progress is measured and reported in the areas of social-emotional, physical, language, and cognitive development. Progress in content learning areas of literacy, math, science, social studies, art, and English speaking skills are also measured and reported.
- We partner with families to create the best preschool experience possible for children.
- GSRP students attend school Monday through Thursday a full or half day
- Free meals are provided daily for students.
Enrollment Information For The 2023-2024 School Year
1. Complete the Child Intake Form at preschool.kentisd.org
- - REQUEST New Branches Charter Academy on Child Intake form
2. I understand that my child’s application will not be processed until I turn in:
- - Proof of birth – copy of legal birth certificate, passport, hospital record, baptismal record or other government form
- - Proof of income – income tax form, W-2, pay stub, unemployment, written statement from employer, foster care reimbursement, SSI documentation, child support, alimony, or pensions
- - Proof of residency – drivers license with current address, current utility bill, rent receipt, tax bill or land contract
- - Most recent Physical or Well-child Checkup or Health Appraisal form
- - Immunization Record
- - If your child has an IEP we will need a copy
3. These can be turned in to the Kent ISD through email or mail:
- - Email: KCPI@kentisd.org
- - Address: 864 Crahen NE Grand Rapids MI 49525
- - Phone Number: 616-447-2409
Apply over the phone! Families can call 616-447-2409 (Option 1 for English or Option 9 for Spanish) and speak to an intake staff person who will help them complete the application.
NEW BRANCHES IS NOT IN CHARGE OF CHOOSING PRESCHOOLERS. THE KENT ISD PLACES PRESCHOOLERS AND WILL NOTIFY FAMILIES AS SOON AS THEIR CHILD HAS BEEN PLACED, THROUGH EMAIL. PLACEMENT BEGINS JULY 2022