New Branches Charter Academy, located on the southeast side of Grand Rapids, is a tuition-free public school serving children in Kindergarten through 8th Grade.
Here, we put our students first. We care about their success, both inside and outside of our school building. Our offerings position them for a successful future. Our mission is to provide a positive learning environment, along with a rigorous academic and cultural program where our children learn to become healthy, responsible citizens, lifelong learners, and world leaders. New Branches, in partnership with students and families, closes the achievement gap and transforms the human culture by developing problem solvers who are fully prepared for high school, college, global economy careers, and world change.
- Before and After School Childcare- We are proud to offer before and after school childcare to our preschool through 8th grade NBCA families. Before school care is Monday through Friday from 6:30–7:55 AM and after school care is from 3:00–6:00 PM. Children must be enrolled at New Branches in order to participate.
- Small, Safe, Neighborhood School- This is the foundation of our school. We take pride in knowing each of our students’ names, having a secure entry and campus, as well as being nestled amidst a neighborhood with more than 12-acres of land right out our backdoor!
- Nationally Recognized Character Education Program- This program is designed to help students develop their personal character, become lifelong learners and transform into quality citizens within their communities. Character Choices focuses on nine monthly traits, which are woven into the curriculum throughout the school year. The Character Choices curriculum is aligned to Common Core Standards, making it a regular part of the school day and a part of the dialogue of the students’ day. Each trait is assigned a focus month to allow the students more time to delve into the true meaning of the trait.
- Strong Focus on Reading and Math- Our curriculum helps bridge the gap for children and families by providing an opportunity for consistency in their educational continuum. It complements our goal of preparing our students cognitively, intellectually, morally, physically and socially toward the goal of improving the global economy and instilling in each child a love for life-long learning.
- All of This at No Cost to Parents- Charter schools extend the privilege of choice to all families. They provide options for parents and students in pursuing their ideal educational experience. Charter schools are open to all children, free of charge, who are eligible to attend traditional public schools in the state of Michigan. Charter schools are governed by a local Board of Directors and are required to meet, and often exceed, the standards of its Authorizer and the State Board of Education.